Shielded / Screen Cables
Shielded or Screen Cables
Suzlon Cables and Wires product- shielded or screen cable is an electrical cable that has one or more insulated conductors that are enclosed with a common conductive layer. The shield on the cable is made up of metal like strands of copper or aluminium. The shielded cables are used in the security system which gives a certain safeguard from power frequency and radio frequency interference which reduces the number of false alarms being generated.
Applications to use the cables
- Electronics and Computer systems
- Special purpose machines and measurement equipment’s
- These cables are used in a wide range of computer systems, electronic control equipment, office machines, scales, etc and wherever the thinnest cables are required
- Electronic systems have little spaces that are available for cable installation
- Electronic scales/electronic weighting machines
Construction of Cables
- The outer sheath of the cable is made up of PVC compound available in black or grey
- The second layer, insulation is made up of PVC which is twisted in the layers with a Myler tape wrapping that screen braid of tinned copper wires in the outer PVC compound.
- In the inner layer, the conductor has annealed electronic plain/tinned multi-stranded copper.